IDeATe has a CNC router that is primarily for the use of the IDeATe technical staff. The DigiTOOL course, 62-478, provides an introduction to the CNC router. If you wish to use the router, you should first take this course. You will also need to take several courses offered by Environmental Health & Safety on shop safety and hazard communication. Once you have been certified by IDeATe staff, you can work with them to arrange for access to the router under their supervision.
Access and Policies
Standard Room Policy:
1. COME PREPARED: Wear proper attire when using this space. When using equipment, make sure all loose items are properly restrained or removed. Long sleeves should be rolled up. Jewelry should be removed. Long hair should be tied back. Neckties and scarves should be removed. Closed-Toe shoes are recommended.
2. SAFETY: Wear protective eyewear at all times. Ear protection is recommended. Dust masks are required when any operation produces hazardous fumes, or dust.
3. COMPRESSED AIR: Do not touch, or adjust the air pressure. The air pressure has been set to a SAFE operating pressure (Less than 30psi). Exceeding this value puts multiple users at risk.
4. CLEAN UP: Leave all equipment and areas in a sufficient state for the next user.
5. ACCESS: Access to this area is limited to approved users, who have received training through an IDeATe affiliated course or workshop. Access is limited to posted hours of operation, and only available when IDeATe Staff are on duty and available to supervise.
6. EQUIPMENT: Users must observe equipment specific policy, and practice safe operation.