When are Open Fabrication Hours?
- Academic Year: Monday through Friday, 4:30–5:30pm
- Summer Sessions: By appointment only
Academic Year: Monday through Friday, 4:30-5:30pm
Do you want to create a part using a laser cutter or a 3D printer, but haven’t taken an IDeATe course that gives you access to the fabrication facilities? IDeATe has Open Fabrication Hours Monday through Friday from 4:30 to 5:30pm during the academic year to give the campus community access to the IDeATe fabrication facility. Bring your prepared file to IDeATe and we will help you bring your part into reality.
For laser cutting, you must arrive with:
- A DXF file on a USB drive (how to create DXF files)
- Material from which to cut your part (list of permitted materials)
- You are welcome to bring your own material, or purchase your material from the IDeATe Lending Desk (A29).
For 3D printing, you must arrive with:
- An STL file of a valid, solid 3D part on a USB drive (how to create STL files)
The print material depends on which 3D printer you use. Material is available for purchase at the IDeATe Lending Desk (A29). We will give a price for the material before your job is printed.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Sessions: By Appointment Only
During the summer, if you want to use IDeATe resources and you are not an IDeATe affiliate, send an email to email@example.com and provide as much detail as possible: which machine do you want to use, what material do you want to use, when are you available, …? Also, if possible, attach the dxf or stl file for your part.