The Media Lab is located at A10A on the ground level of Hunt Library. It is a black box studio room, including a lighting system, OptiTrack Motion capture System, an Audio Sound mixer console, and many other features.
To learn about which courses are offered in the Media Lab, please visit our courses page.
Our equipment page lists the specific equipment located in the Media Lab, along with how-to guides.
Access and Policies
To use the Media Lab outside of class time students must make a reservation using the online reservation system.
When using the Media Lab outside of class time students are responsible for the equipment in the room. Damage resulting from careless behavior will result in your Student Account being charged for the cost of repairs. If you allow visitors in to the Media Lab you will be responsible for their behavior as well.
- No food or beverages are permitted in the lab. Closed water bottles are OK.
- If you are the last person leaving the Media Lab you must perform the following shut-down procedure, to protect our equipment:
- Shut down the X32 digital mixing console. The power switch is on the back of the unit, on the right. (The loudspeakers in the room may be left on as long as the mixing console is turned off).
- Make sure both video projectors are turned off. When the projectors are off you will see a red light on the front of them. When they are on you will see a green light on the front of them.
- Put the Mac Pro computer to sleep.
- Turn off any lighting equipment
- Stack all chairs, tables, props and other furniture and return to proper storage areas
- Make sure the doors to the Media Lab are fully closed and locked when you exit the room.